Georgia-Carolina Council Hosts its first Powder Horn
When: August 12-15, 2016
Where: Robert E. Knox Scout Reservation in Lincolnton GA
Cost: $90 for Youth and $150 for adults
This Powder Horn Weekend Course will run from Friday at 6:00pm until 5:00 pm on Sunday, with Monday the 15th being an optional water adventure day on the lake.
What is Powder Horn?
The Powder Horn course is designed to help crews by exposing them to fun, challenging, and safely conducted outdoor/high-adventure activities. The course provides an introduction to the resources needed to successfully lead youth through a program of outdoor adventure. It is not a certification event. It is for any youth or adult interested in experiencing a unit-level, high-adventure program. More importantly, it provides participants with valuable resources and contacts to assist them in delivering the promise of high adventure to their program.
- Registered with the Boy Scouts of America as an adult leader OR be at least 14 years of age and part of a high adventure Patrol or a Venturing Crew.
- Completed the basic training course(s) prescribed for your primary Scouting position.
- Current BSA medical form with parts A, B and C completed.
- Be both BSA and Venturing Youth Protection trained.
Powder Horn course size is limited to 48 participants.
This Course is for:
- Scouting Youth ages 14 and up
- Venturing Leaders
- Venturing Youth
- Boy Scout Leaders
- District and Council Leaders
- Professional Staff
- Camp Leaders
Electives and Program*
- SCUBA Diving
- Shooting Sports
- COPE Course
- Expedition Planning
- Wilderness Survival
- Leave No Trace
- Hornaday Projects
- Plants and Wildlife
- Equestrian Activities
- Fire Building
- Water Skiing
- Outdoor Camping
- Expedition Cooking
- Emergency Preparedness
- Extreme Weather Preparedness
* final schedule of events subject to change
Register Online for Powder Horn
$50.00 deposit to confirm reservation for the 2016 Powder Horn Course.
Pay the balance no later than August 1st 2016.
Deposits are nonrefundable.
This is a backcountry course and is physically demanding. Participation requires medical approval on a BSA physical form for back country activities.