2019 Area 5 ScavengerHunt
- First challenges can be posted on March 1st.
- Register for the scavenger hunt here or by DMing us @sr5venturing on Instagram.
- All crews and members must follow the principles of the Scout Oath and Law at times.
- Crews most abide by all national, state, and local laws.
- Clearly identify your crew and council number in the photo caption
Ex: Crew 3, Council 415, We loved the hike, #…
- You can find a list of councils and council numbers here.
- All crews are eligible to complete (and will be announced if they win) but only crews in SR5 can receive the prize.
- Post completed challenges to Instagram with the hashtag given to you during registration.
- As many crew members of your crew as possible should be included unless said otherwise in the description.
- Crews may not split up to earn more points (teams can’t divide and do more than one task at the same time)
- Crews may combine challenges and still earn points for each, just make sure all the numbers are listed in the description.
- Final challenges must be posted by midnight EST March 31st.
- None of these challenges are mandatory so do what you are comfortable with, and have fun!
- Team with the most points will win an area prize package and a shoutout on social media!
How to Earn Points:
- Each challenge must be posted whether it is a photo, or video on Instagram using the hashtag given to you during registration.
- To complete the challenge, your crew needs to accomplish the following:
- Document the challenge visually either by photo or video depending on the task.
- The images should include as many crew members as possible.
- Include the challenge number at some point in your post description
- Include your crew number, and council at the beginning of your post description.
- The list of challenges is listed below.
- Points are awarded according to the difficulty of the task. Complete as many of the challenges as possible.
|1||Mountain Bike on a dirt trail as a crew (before and after picture)||300||1|
|2||Catch a fish, and put how big it is in the photo description||200||1|
|3||Run around a lake (before and after picture)||100||1|
|4||Ride a zip line||500||1|
|5||Kayak, canoe, paddle board, or row across a body of water||200||1|
|6||Float on an air mattress on a body of water (extra 50 points for every person you can get on it)||200||1|
|7||Find 5 different tree leaves, and identify, and make a leaf print||100||1|
|8||Plant a tree||400||2|
|9||Find and identify 5 edible plants||100||2|
|10||Take a photo of your crew with the moon||100||1|
|11||Take a picture of a butterfly||100||1|
|12||Take a picture of a reptile||100||1|
|13||Take a picture of your crew on a picnic table||100||1|
|14||Entire crew slides down a slide at a public park||200||2|
|15||Timelapse of your crew playing a sport (kickball, volleyball, soccer, ect.)
100 bonus points if play with another crew
|16||Ride a unicycle||200||2|
|17||Perform your best belly flop at a public pool||200||2|
|18||Visit a waterfall as a crew
Bonus 100 points extra go under the waterfall, get wet!
|19||Hit a bullseye with a bow and arrow at an archery range.||100||1|
|20||Make a field goal from the 15-yard line… do a celebratory dance||100||2|
|21||Sleep in a tent, extra 50 points per person in tent||200||1|
|22||Sleep under the stars without a tent, at least 3 crew members||300||1|
|23||Sleep in a handmade shelter (can’t be made prior to the beginning of the hunt), at least 3 crew members||400||1|
|24||Share a campsite with another crew||200||1|
|25||Shake hands with the mayor of your town||300||1|
|26||Write and mail a thank you letter to someone in the armed forces.||500||1|
|27||Take a picture with your Council VOA president
Bonus: 100 points take a picture with a Council VOA president other than your own or an Area VOA member.
|28||Find and photograph 3 different historical markers||100||1|
|29||Kiss a county sign||100||1|
|30||Do a 30 min service project ( before and after picture)||300||1|
|31||Wash clean and detail your leader’s vehicle (time-lapse or before and after picture )||400||1/2|
|32||Post a picture of your crew in front of a church||100||1|
|33||Tell a scary story at a cemetery||100||2|
|34||Set up a lemonade stand and sell $10 in lemonade to strangers ( before and after picture )||200||1|
|35||Find and photograph your state quarter||200||1|
|36||Make a 15 second commercial for your city||500||2|
|37||Take a creative team picture with your state flag, extra points the more creative||100||1|
|38||Take a picture of the tallest building/structure in your town||200||1|
|39||Picture of your whole crew standing on their heads||200||1|
|40||Crab walk the length of a football field, whole crew||300||2|
|41||As a team hold a “wall sit” as long as you can in public. (record the longest time it the description)||300||2|
|42||Time-lapse of your crew holding a plank as long as possible in public.||300||2|
|43||Bowl a strike at a bowling alley||200||1|
|44||Create a crew theme song and post a video of your crew singing it||500||2|
|45||Carve a crew member out of a bar of soap||300||1|
|46||Make a video showing off your crew’s sweet dance moves, extra points for creativity and participation||200||2|
|47||Post a video of your crew singing a One Direction song, extra points if in a public place||200||2|
|48||Post a funny (scout appropriate) joke to social media||200||2|
|49||Paint a crew members face with the venturing logo||200||1|
|50||Reenact a scene of your crew’s favorite movie||400||2|
|Food Related Tasks|
|51||Eat at a food truck||200||1|
|52||Eat a hotdog and bun with no hands||300||2|
|53||Demonstrate how to make the perfect s’more, two points for creativity||200||2|
|54||Make your own grape juice by grape stomping, and drink it||400||2|
|55||Cook a pancake, make into the shape of an animal||200||1|
|56||Get the best deal you can get on food with a coupon||100||1|
|57||Decorate a crew member’s face like a cake. Frosting, sprinkles, whip cream, etc.||300||1|
|58||Start a fire with flint and steel-video (no lighters or matches)||300||2|
|59||Make a 1 min video teaching an outdoor skill||400||2|
|60||Demonstrate a first aid technique on a crew member playing victim||200||2|
|61||Demonstrate how to use a compass||100||2|
|62||Demonstrate two ways to purify water||100||2|
|63||Crew says the pledge of allegiance in a patriotic place||200||2|
|64||Crew saying the Scout Law backwards||100||2|
|65||Recite the Outdoor Code from memory||100||2|
|66||Teach younger scouts how to set up a tent||100||1|
|67||Tie the 7 basic knots (square knot, sheet bend, sheepshank, clove hitch, bowline, taut-line, timber)||200||1|
Download the Rules: 2019 Scavenger Hunt Rules